To be able to invite new users, this requires that you have an administrator user and the correct license type.
If you want this access, please contact your manager or Verji support-team and we will assist you.
There are two methods to invite new contacts into Verji:
Invite a contact with BankID and Vipps
This method gives you the possibility to mass-invite multiple users at a time.
You create a registration-link that you send to your contacts.
The recipent of the link have to authenticate through BankID and Vipps.
Invite a contact without the use of BankID and Vipps
Following is a video-clip describing how to create a new user without BankID and Vipps.
(Currently only available in Norwegian).
If you prefer a written guide, there is one described under the video.
How to create/invite a new user into Verji
When you want to create/invite a new customer/client into Verji, it is very important that you have the correct information of the person you are about to invite!
We recommend that you tell them in advance that they will receive an invitation to use Verji.
We also provide a pre-written e-mail template you can use to send the user(s) in advance.
- Go to your Administration room (write "administrasjon" in the Filter-search bar).
- Add the e-mail adress to the person you are inviting. Make sure you write the e-mail adress correctly as this is the adress their Verji-invitation will be sent to.
- Add the full name of the new user. This will be used to create a unique username in Verji and should consist of only the first and last name of the user.
- Add the mobile phone-number of the new user. This is optional, but is highly recommended as it will authenticate the new user in a more secure way.
- Optional: Select the option if the new user will receive the verification code through a text message, or through e-mail. We highly recommend this for all new clients, as it is part of the secure authentication of the new user.
- Select the correct type of user. A Standard-user is your client, an Administrator-user is your co-worker.
It is free to invite a Standard user. For an Administration-users, it comes with the cost which has been agreed with Verji AS.
- You can add a Welcome message that the person you are inviting will see in their invitation e-mail. Do not write sensitive or private information here, as it is sent un-encrypted to the recipient.
An example of a non-sensitive message would be: '"We are now using Verji for encrypted communication in compliance with GDPR regulations"
- Click the Opprett button only when you are absolutely sure your inputted information is correct.
Response from the invitation-widget
You should immediately see a response from the Verji CompanyBot that says: ''Processing, please wait...'', followed by some status messages. What you need to pay attention to is the following:
- Success: Everything went well, the user has been created and the invitation e-mail has been sent.
- A user is already registered with the following email: This will result in creating a private message-room for "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the room-name "@john.doe:prod.verji.app".
- UserID ''johndoe'' is already occupied: The username is occupied and you need to make a change in the name of the user. You can for example add or remove a middle name to make it unique. Remember this will be their username, so it should make sense to the person you are inviting.
Add user, Invite user